Blogger BlogNet71256




Sharepoint - How to Assign a Task


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Organization, Communication and Clarity. The 3 essentials to operating effectively in a team environment. If I am a team leader and I do not keep an organized work space (literally and metaphorically) then I will not have a clue what is going on. I will always be scattered and struggling. If I do keep a clear line of communication with my team members then there will be lots of confusion and if I do not speak provide crystal clear instructions I can expect to have a lot of challenges.

So how do you incorporate these 3 principles into your daily Sharepoint life?

Surprisingly, SP has made this a very simple process. One of my favorite tools in the SP service is the "Tasks" web part. This function allows you to assign tasks to different members of your team. It provides a sectionalized format so that you can be as clear as possible in your assignment.

So how do you assign a task to a team member?

As always, I will break this down into a numbered step format to make this as simple as possible.

1. First, you will need to log into your SP account. For this operation you do NOT need to have admin rights.
2. Once you have logged into your Sharepoint account, scroll down to the web part that is entitled "Tasks".
3. Once you select the "Tasks" tab, you will be taken to a page that displays current tasks in the file. If there are no tasks it will say so. To add a new task you will want to select the tab that says "New" which will be displayed in the left center portion of the page. Then you will select "New Item".
4. The next page will be the page where you create the task.

Now, create the task!

You can set up your own Sharepoint Hosting account by visiting Sharepoint Hosting, visit http://www.Alentus.com

decicated website hosting


0 Responses to “Sharepoint - How to Assign a Task”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Blogger BlogNet71256: Sharepoint - How to Assign a Task

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3